What is this?
This page is a list of items that we would like to include in the wiki.
The strategy of sequestering greenhouse gases, i.e. storing greenhouse gases that would have otherwise be released into the atmosphere or oceans.
- From air
- From water
- From exhaust of source
- Through solution to form inert substances
The strategy of reducing emissions associated with diet.
- Reduce meat production
- Switch to meats that are less emissions intensive
- Synthetic meat
- Reduce dairy production
- More plants
Strategy of generating electricity in ways that minimise emissions.
The strategy of storing energy to facilitate renewable electricity generation.
- Pumped hydro
- Non-baseload hydro
- Compressed air
- Salt batteries
- Oversupply and turn-down
- Shaping demand
The strategy of reducing emissions associated with transport.
- Battery electric
- Grid electric
- Improved efficiency
- Remote communication
- Public transport
- Avoid flying
- Ocean currents
- Local production and consumption
Strategy of reducing emissions related to industrial activities.
- Use materials that are less emissions intensive
- Build items that will last
- Reduce production
- Reuse things
- Recycle things
- Refrigerant management
The strategy of developing and deploying new technology.
- Surfaces that reflect light
- Deflect light before it reaches the atmosphere
- Change composition of ocean
- Change atmosphere to reflect more light
The strategy of setting policies that promote desired behaviour.
- Stop subsidiising emissions
- Charge for emissions
- Subsidise action that reduces emissinos
- Subsidise action that sequesters greenhouse gases